Office Manager Resume Sample
Cara L. Smith
1234 Cornerstone Drive
Dallas, TX 75000
Office Manager utilizing appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help ensure the effective and efficient flow of work throughout the office.
Bachelor of Science degree – Management
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
Office Manager, Teller Communications, Dallas, TX
• Create and manage office work schedules/hours and implement adjustments due to customer needs.
• Prepare recommendations for an annual budget prior to each fiscal year and compare budget to actual performance.
• Responsible for handling Human Resource issues and employee problem resolutions.
• Negotiate the purchase of office supplies and office equipment in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
• Maintain a clean, professional and safe working environment by inspecting and scheduling maintenance, and ensuring that all office and warehouse equipment is properly accounted for and in safe working condition.
• Ensure participation of all associates in all corporate orientation and training programs.
May 2004 - present
Office Manager, Grayson Electronics, Dallas, TX
• Planned and monitored daily staffing schedules and adjusted accordingly to ensure adequate staffing levels that support operational demands and business objectives.
• Maintained and updated departmental policies and procedures manual.
• Managed and oversaw administrative functions to ensure all paperwork was processed efficiently and in a timely manner.
• Researched opportunities for improved services to clients.
• Maximized office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications
• Reviewed clerical and personnel records to ensure accuracy
• Responsible for the training and development of employees.
• Scheduled employee holidays, benchmarked employee salary increases against current standards, performed employee performance evaluations and managed travel and expenses for all office employees.
February 2001 – May 2004
Administrative Assistant, Mark Two Designs, Austin, Texas
• Analyzed and organized office operations and procedures such as preparation of payroll, information management/filing systems, requisition of supplies and other clerical services.
• Established uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
• Responsible for submitting payroll timely and accurately.
• Monitored and controlled overtime and associates’ absences.
• Developed an effective filing system to track the status of work orders.
• Ensured safety methods, practices and programs were implemented and maintained.
• Formulated procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
August 1999 – February 2001
If you are finished reading this Office Manager Resume Sample, click here to return to the Resume Samples page