Legal Interview Questions
Are you prepared to answer these legal interview questions?
Being able to answer legal interview questions is very important. You need to take time out to understand each question as well as the reason behind it being asked. When you are able to define the purpose of each question, you will be better able to answer it correctly and in a manner that the employer finds acceptable.
Employers ask a variety of interview questions to gain insight into the kind of person you are, the work you are capable of doing and your attitude toward work. Being able to respond appropriately is the key to getting a job offer.
To answer each question appropriately and with confidence, you must be prepared. That means you have to write out or rehearse the questions prior to the interview. The more prepared you are, the better you will do.
You do realize that other job candidates are doing this, right?
Here, in no particular order, are some of the job interview questions you might encounter. The more you can answer with style and sincerity, the better prepared you will be.
The Legal Interview Questions List:
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Why should I hire you?
- How do your skills relate to our needs?
- What are your long range and short range goals and objectives?
- How would a good friend describe you?
- Describe the best job you've ever had.
- Describe the best supervisor you've ever had.
- What would your last boss say about your work performance?
- Name two things that you would like to accomplish while working here.
- What motivates you to go the extra mile on a project or job?
- What makes you qualified for this position?
- Are you willing to work overtime?
- What would you like to know about our firm?
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Where do you want to be in 5 years?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What have you disliked in your past jobs?
- What kinds of people do you enjoy working with?
- What kinds of people frustrate you?
- In the past year, what have you been dissatisfied about in your performance?
- How long a commitment do you plan to give to this job?
- Have you ever been involved in volunteer work?
- What did you learn from the volunteer work that you performed?
- What are the attributes of a good leader?
- Do you consider yourself a leader?
- What do you really want to do in life?
- What are your long range career objectives?
- How do you plan to achieve your career goals?
- What do you expect to be earning in five years?
- Why did you choose this career?
- How well do you work with people? Do you prefer working alone or in teams?
- Have you ever had difficulty with a supervisor? How did you resolve the conflict?
- Describe the workload in your current (or most recent) job.
- Which is more important: creativity or efficiency? Why?
- What's the most recent book you've read?
Be Prepared: Legal Interview Questions can still trip you up.
Hopefully, these legal interview questions will help you in your quest for a great job. Being able to answer a variety of job interview questions is essential. Get the job you want by being prepared.
If you are finished reading about "Legal Interview Questions", you might want to read about "Interview Anecdotes"