Career Planning Template
When you consider your career options, you need to take a personal inventory of all that you are (currently) and all that you hope to be.
This career planning template will assist you in doing that.
You need to take stock of where you are right now. (Focus on your achievements, your character traits, your skills and your experience.)
First, take some time to think about YOU.
- What do I enjoy doing most?
- What am I good at?
- What have I done in the past that I want to do again?
- What do other people compliment me on?
Second, think about what you want to do as a job/career?
- What jobs appeal to you?
- Why do those jobs appeal to you?
- What kinds of jobs do you dislike?
Next, think about the company you want to work for.
- Do you want to work for a small or large company?
- Do you want to work for a company that provides benefits?
- Does the company have a good reputation?
Now, examine the career fields that are available to you and determine what it will take for you to work in your chosen career. Do you need additional education? Will you benefit from having a mentor? How long will it take to achieve a position in the field of your choosing?
This Template is designed to make you think. Its goal is to help you plan ahead so that you can achieve your desired goals. Many people go through life and simply let their careers happen. It is far better to choose a career goal and work toward it. You will be more satisfied and far more successful.
If you are finished reading about career planning template then click here to return to the home page